Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Signed, Sealed, and Delivered…

Well, I’m glad I am not the only one who doesn’t know how to change a tire! And I am very impressed with all of you who do know how to change one. If you have been reading for awhile, you know this is not the first time I have had a tire problem. Wine and sushi was fun last night. Who doesn’t love a little half price sushi, right?

This week has been a busy one, and its only Tuesday! The lease is up on our apartment and for a few days there, we thought we were going to have to move out by the end of the month! We were originally planning on staying, but the company that owns our apartment had raise our rent- a lot, as well as added all these addendums and extra fees to our lease. It was so crazy and frustrating because we really wanted to stay and felt like they were pushing us out. Finally, yesterday, Dan was able to reason with the owners and they ended up coming down a lot, so we just finished signing the lease this morning. What a relief!

Because of all the commotion, I didn't get a chance to run yesterday...and it is days like that when I need a good run the most! Instead I stayed at the apartment and did a quick mini workout:

50 modified push-ups (25, 15, 10)
Tricep Dips (2 x 12)
Squats
Lunges
*Ran up and down the stairs (3 flights) a couple of times in between to get my heart rate up. Took 2 at a time for some sets.

I also iced my knee because it was feeling a little sore.

*If you rent a house or apartment and have a pet...do you pay pet rent? How much?
Our owner was trying to make us pay a ridiculous amount of money in pet rent...more than twice the previous owner had required!


*What is your go-to workout move when you only have a few minutes to get something in?
These are some of my favorites: 
One-Leg Chaturunga 
Plank w/ Back Row 
T-Turns w/ Push Up
Hip Bridge
The Hover

12 comments:

Runners Fuel said...

I've heard of people paying pet rent and it's usually a crazy amount (almost as much as it is for us!). We found a place where we don't any extra for our pets. We just had to pay a very smal amount on the deposit.

gmontalvo13 said...

i took auto-tech in highschool so i would never have that problem...thank god i still have not.

pet rent? sounds crazy to me!

Running Ricig said...

I've heard of pet rent, but never had to pay. I think it's usually around $100.

Stephanie said...

Our rent is pretty cheap which is why we have stayed as long as we have, but we literally have literally outgrown our 2 bedroom apartment.
We actually don't pay a pet fee but that is because when we moved in we didn't have a dog, and everytime we have gone to resign our lease I never thought about the fact that it wasn't in there, haha!

Anonymous said...

When I don't have a lot of time I do the 30 Day Shred. If you skip the cool down it only takes about 25 minutes

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

I don't know how to change a tire at all.

Workout envy ;-)

I love your go to workout moved! One of my go-to time saver moves is push-up into side plank (pre-preg of course)

have a great day!

dawn @ running the dawn said...

we don't have pets...but i think we'd have to pay extra each month if we wanted to keep one here. we've never asked how much it would be...cause i still haven't convinced mr. dawn that it should be a priority.

Anonymous said...

Do they have a pet deposit you can do or is it literally an additional amount every month because of the pet? If so, that's crazy sauce!

coach dion said...

Live in Cape Town on the other side of the world, and have never heard of pet rent. that said if we go away with our dogs, some of the pet friendly places charge a little exta or ask for a deposit.

But i think if you have children you should pay extra, because they move more of a mess...

Katie said...

Love your makeshift workout, all my favorite things :D

I usually do assisted pull-ups, push-ups and planks for a quick workout!

Good Luck on your upcoming ACE exam :)

Amanda@runninghood said...

Great post. I laughed because I can totally relate (I think most of us can) to how it feels to not get in your workout. I've been known to jog in place and do pushups and jumping jacks. Nothing really is quite enough but still makes you feel a little better.

Laura said...

I'm lucky enough to live in a building in NYC that allows pets for no charge. Unfortunately, my work/travel schedule is too hectic for me to get a dog :(