My mom says THANK YOU for all of your lovely compliments! She was blown away…I don’t know why she is so surprised because people say that kind of stuff to her all the time. You all made her feel amazing on the weekend of her 50th birthday and she is thrilled.
Yesterday after work I went for a glorious 5- miler on the roads. It was supposed to be 5 easy. I was so excited that it was Friday of a long weekend and to be running on the road again that I was feeling great. I looked down at my watch and was going faster than I felt I was. I decided as long as it felt easy, it was okay. I kept up with about the same pace and felt great until mile 3 when it didn’t feel quite so easy anymore but it didn’t feel hard. I decided to just try to maintain my pace and make it feel comfortable. The run ended up being a faster than expected but my legs felt great.
Stats:
5.15 miles
39:41 minutes
7:42 pace
hmm this is very close to my goal MP. I wonder what that means?
Splits:
Mile 1~ 7:52
Mile 2~ 7:50
Mile 3~ 7:40
Mile 4~ 7:44
Mile 5~ 7:13
I’m off to do a short easy run (long run tomorrow) and then run some errands and pick up the goodies for my winners! Have a great weekend!
8 comments:
look at you so speedy!!! i'm jealous that you got to run outside. i want to SO badly!!! oh well. we'll survive this winter.
Great job Keri! Only 20 more miles to go, xixi. Great way to begin your marathon training.
Those are awesome times! way to go! running outside is way more enjoyable that on the treadmill for me it goes so much faster!
Thats a speedy 5 miler!! Great job!!! :)
Ha! Funny how getting outside for a run can do that to you :) great splits for "easy feeling" maybe you need a faster marathon goal!
You are awesome!!! I wish I could run outside. I wish I could run lol! <3 Jen from shesafitchick
Your easy is my all out!!
Yes, I would love to hear your thoughts on Run Less Run Faster (and trace stickers!!). I thought I saw your on your weekly plan you were running 4 days a week with crosstraining, so I'm guessingyou adapted it somewhat.
Considering using Bart Yasso's 16 week plan featured in RW for my 5/14 26.2
Hey gorgeous girl!!! I never felt the tingling from the beta alenine! I take it about 45 minutes before a long run. Billy did feel the tingling but said it only lasted for fifteen minutes and then it was gone and after taking it for about 6 months he no longer feels it. What do you think so far of it?
Post a Comment