Weekend Posts
2011 Goals and Resolutions
Weekend Long Run
Inspiration for 2011
Week #1
Sunday: REST
Monday: 7 miles, mile repeats
Tuesday: 8 miles easy + plyo jumps
Wednesday: Spin
Thursday: 6.1
Friday: 4.75 miles + Strictly Strength
Saturday: 10.2 Miles
Total Miles: 36
On the (training) agenda for this week:
~4 x 800 @ 3:03 w/ 2 min rest interval
~2 mile tempo @ 7:00
~Long Run of 13-15 miles
~Back to Reformer
~Spin Class
~Hit 40 miles
Here is week 2, tentatively planned:
Week #2 (Planned)
Sunday: Mat Pilates
Monday: Track
Tuesday: Reformer Pilates
Wednesday: Easy Run
Thursday: Tempo
Friday: Easy Run
Saturday: Long
I am back to work today so this schedule may get rearranged but I like to try and plan it out. We will see how this week turns out. I am feeling good with one week of training under my belt and my abs are even a little sore from yesterday’s Pilate’s class, but my legs feel great after having a day off. Hopefully work will go smoothly today and I will be able to get a good run in later. We shall see!
Happy Monday everyone!
*Are you going back to work today for the first time after the holidays? Are you ready?
Yes and no. Cooper is ready for me to go back though. We have been tiring him out with play dates, etc. He didn’t even eat his breakfast this morning he is so pooped!
Pooped Coop.
*Are you dreading all of the new year’s resolution people hitting your gym for the next few weeks?
My gym is always pretty packed but big enough so that using the machines isn’t a huge problem. I hate how crowded the parking lot gets though. Is this terrible? I should probably be supportive of people trying to get in shape!
11 comments:
ugh....i hadn't even thought of all those "new year, new me" people in the gyms! i used to hate that! i always felt like, "so where have you been the last 365 days?
at jazzercise, it's always fun to have new people, so when i go tonight, i hope there are some fresh new faces. it never gets packed like the gym though.
good work on your training. now that i'm doing the RLRF plan it'll be fun for me to see what additions you make to it :)
Catching up on all of your posts .... I like the boards and I like the new Boston plan. So jealous I'm not going to be there with you ... but I'm so excited to follow your training!! Happy New Year!
Looks like you're off to a great start toward Boston! Yes I'm dreading the new year gym-goers. The parking lot and the classes are the worst.
what a cute puppy!! we wore my sister's dog out. she was ready to go back home and sleep, i think.
as an instructor (i used to teach spin) it was fun to have new faces but it was definitely all i could do to not shake folks and say "don't give up!!!" because you knew they'd only be there for about 2 weeks.
I'm not looking forward to seeing how many people are at the gym tonight. I hate it when it's crowded.
I think the gym should pull up a "portable" (like the schools add classrooms), and fill 'er up with treadmills. By March, they can wheel it off to storage.
I'm back to work, and haven't hit the gym yet - that's for tonight. I'm dreading it! Got my first taste of the "resolutioners" at the cafeteria today when the line for the salad bar circled the entire room - normally there are only one or two others! I hope it dies down soon. Salads not even necessarily healthier than other stuff, particularly when you start pouring on the cheese, croutons, and dressing, as I saw many doing...
Your inspiration boards are awesome!! I am jealous you do pilates with the reformers. I was able to do that for FREE one summer, and I'm in LOVE. Unfortunately it's uber expensive around my parts, and so I haven't done it since. Good luck with your training!
Ok, so random question...what is your job? You mentioned it and I'm just curious ;)
I'm doing 4X800 tomorrow too! But I'm going to attempt to run them on the Charles (the best spot in Boston- you will have to check it out when you are here) because I'm scared of the gym this time of year!
The Monday after January 1st...notorious for resolution-ers crowding the gyms. Super annoying. I lucked out this morning, people were still at work...but Michael told me how crowded it was tonight. It always annoyed me every year SO MUCH when I would walk in that Monday, and felt like these people were taking over "my machines" haha. 3/4 of them having NO IDEA what they are doing. Whatever...it dies down after 2 weeks...never fails!
Post a Comment