Thursday, January 13, 2011

Yoga Pack Review and Giveaway from CSN

Hello Friends!
Time for another fabulous giveaway sponsored by CSN. If you are a yoga fan, then this giveaway is for you!
Oh yeah, and I hope you like purple :)

Yoga Pack Giveaway
Includes:
~Yoga Mat
~Carrying Bag
~Yoga/Pilates Socks (2 pair)
~Savasana Workout Gloves

I recruited my mom to help me review some of the items.

DSC_0121

She made sure to test the mat and socks so that they were safe to give away.

DSC_0080  DSC_0122

They were.

DSC_0185_2

*Hot bod not included in giveaway.

She’s about to turn 50, people. Seriously.

My mom took her job very seriously. She liked the thickness of the mat and its color. She made sure to test it out both on carpet as well as the hardwood floor- similar to the floor of a gym or yoga studio. She also liked the socks. They are toe socks with grips on the bottom so you can wear them without slipping. They are perfect for yoga or pilates in the winter when it is too cold to take your socks off or if you are skeeved out by walking around your gym barefoot.

All the items came from CSN, who, as usual, was a delight to work with. All the items came promptly- way before their scheduled arrival date. Now, if you would like to win your own yoga prize pack, leave me a comment below telling me your absolute favorite fitness item that you can’t live without.

For me, it would be my Garmin. I freaked out when the strap broke a few weeks before the Steamtown Marathon. Garmin offered to replace it for free, but I would have to send them my watch and they told me it would take at least a month or more to return. I decided I couldn’t wait and bought myself a new strap.

Additional Entries (as always)
~Become or be a follower.
~Blog about the giveaway.
~Tweet about the giveaway (@blueeyedrunner)

*Separate comments please.
*US and Canada only please (I am paying for shipping myself.)

I will announce the winner one week from today. Good luck!

77 comments:

Running Ricig said...

my favorite fitness item has got to be my bondiband headbands. I have crazy hair and they are pretty much the only things to tame it!

Running Ricig said...

follower!

All Things Jaime said...

I cannot live without my Garmin. I have the 405 and it is AMAZING!! I hate to be so dependent upon something, but I just love being able to run and it tell me how far I've gone and how fast, too!!

All Things Jaime said...

I'm already a follower ;)

A year of Change said...

I would probably have to say my Garmin too.

What a cool giveaway!

A year of Change said...

and I'm a follower!

Stephanie said...

I LOVE my Garmin, it is my lifeline for running! It has really helped me improve my speed too since I can't just assume I am running at X pace, it lets me know when I am slacking!

Stephanie said...

And...I am a follower!!!

LindsLovesMiles said...

My Garmin--I am obsessed. I can't imagine running without it, now that I have been with it for so long!

LindsLovesMiles said...

I am a follower!

LindsLovesMiles said...

I blogged about your awesome giveaway! And yes, your mom looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Honestly, mine would be my iPod, at least when running. I definitely have to have music on those long runs! I left my Ipod at the gym the other day and was so scared it would be gone when I returned, but fortunately it wasn't! I'd die without it.

And your mom looks great for 50. Seriously, she looks like she could be your older sister. No lie.

Amy Lauren
proudpatriot2007(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Also, I'm a blog follower.

Amy Lauren
proudpatriot2007(at)yahoo(dot)com

Lindsay said...

Garmin for sure!

Lindsay said...

I'm also a follower :)

Suburban prep said...

I would day that I love my stability ball. I have even sat at my computer with the ball as the chair.
msgb245 at gmail dot com

Emilie said...

i'm totally lost without my ipod!

Unknown said...

Go BER's Mom!!

I gotta agree with you, I would be lost without my Garmin now. My parents gave it to me this summer as an early Birthday gift and now I wonder how I effectively trained without it!

Unknown said...

I am a follower :)

and I gotta say, if I win this yoga package, I am giving it to MY MOM!
My mom has gained some weight over the last couple years and she finally came to me ready to make some changes for 2011. I wrote up a nutritional plan for her and started her with some simple and easy workouts. She has Rheum.Arth. so we have to be careful what she does.
She is loving swimming and yoga so I think this would just give her more of an "oooomph" to keep at it!!
Since she started eating clean and exercising right after Christmas, she has lost 11lbs!! I am so proud of her and we are well on our way to her goal of a 30lb loss!!

Unknown said...

will link this giveaway on my blog sidebar

Unknown said...

will tweet about it too!

Anonymous said...

I really don't have a "can't go without" item. Many times I train by perceived exertion so I simply wear a sports watch at that point. For long runs on the treadmill I may include my iPod as something I cannot go without.

Anonymous said...

I am a follower.

Ashley said...

I love my kettlebell.

hewella1 at gmail dot com

Ashley said...

I'm a gfc follower.

hewella1 at gmail dot com

misszippy said...

Your mom is amazing! I could not live without running hats!

misszippy said...

I'm a follower

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

First of all, your mom is grogeous!

I'm a follower!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

First of all, your mom is grogeous!

I'm a follower!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

I am with you, now I am so dependent on my Garmin--especially race day.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

I am tweeting this @Blonde_pony

allison said...

I NEED a hat on a run, otherwise my hair is out of control and in my face, and I'll get so mad that the run just increases my stress level!

Mrs. JM said...

my handheld amphipod FO SHO!

Mrs. JM said...

and, i'm a follower :) (love it!)

Jennifer said...

Already a follower! :)
Jen from shesafitchick.com

HowdyFromNYC said...

You have one hot mama!! My favorite fitness item would have to be my Garmin as well. I just got it for Christmas and I'm officially Obsessed!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

50?!?! WOW GORGEOUS AND HOT BOD!!! This is the most awesome giveaway ever. K PS your Naan Pizza made me drool...you are an AMAZING cook.
I am your biggest follower:) My fave fitness device is definitely my garmin.....I don't think I could run without it.

Shannon said...

I can't live without my headbands! I really need to keep that hair back and under control during workout, plus it covers the greasy-ness.

Shannon said...

I'm a follower!

Anonymous said...

i cant live without my radio to keep me motivated while i work out
tcogbill at live dot com

Anonymous said...

i follow you gfc
tcogbill at live dot com

Anonymous said...

For me, it's a toss-up between my iPod and my Garmin. I guess if I had to choose I would choose my iPod because I could figure out pace and mileage later but I could never runmore than a mile or two without something to keep me entertained.

Anonymous said...

Also already a follower!

Unknown said...

I follow!! I love yoga and would LOVE this pack :)

Natalia said...

My iPod! My favorite playlists always help me power through a tough workout.

Natalia said...

I am a follower!

Anonymous said...

I follow you on google reader!

Anonymous said...

My absolute favorite fitness item is my running shoes. Running represents my only portable workout. All my running stuff's nice to have, but without my shoes I'm screwed! They've supported my body over many many miles. Plus they're a pretty seafoam & charcoal. :)

Anonymous said...

I tweeted it :) http://twitter.com/#!/kattehcat/status/25657083470807040

Leslie said...

Favorite item: it's a toss up between my iFitness belt and my Garmin. I freak if I don't have my Garmin, but I've also been caught in a lightning storm and injured 6 miles from home, so running with my phone is an absolute for me, and it's always in my iFitness belt.

Leslie said...

Follower!

Unknown said...

I'm a follower!

Jenny said...

Either my Garmin or my spinning shoes...the spinning shoes make a world of difference compared to just regular tennis shoes.

Jenny said...

I'm a follower!

coffee break said...

My Ipod, it has kept me going through many runs! I'm a follower :)

Katie said...

A lotta gear I love, but my iPod is definitely #1!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Oh, I soooo hope I win. What a great giveaway

What???? This is your mom?? Good grief...she's going to be 50...Amazing! Lucky you for getting such good genes.

I think my favorite item would be my running shoes but if that doesn't count then I would say my Ironman watch that I can't live without. I also just got a Garmin and love it for my runs outside.

Amanda@runninghood said...

I'm a follower

Danielle said...

your mom looks AWESOME, I hope I look half as good at 50!

and I'm a follower...

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

Seriously though. Your mom is so hott. Can I be that hott when I'm a mom? We know you will be!!!


I follow you!!!

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

TWEETED!!!

Dee said...

I can't live without my running shoes. I enjoy running and my comfy new balance sneakers help make that possible three mornings per week! :)

deeg131 at gmail dot com

Dee said...

tweeted

http://twitter.com/DeeGee13/status/25741765726183425

deeg131 at gmail dot com

Dee said...

I follow as Dee via gfc!

deeg131 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Can't live without my kettlebell!

Anonymous said...

I tweeted! @tiffanynico

Lily's Health Pad said...

My ipod and my Garmin are running necessities!

Muncher Cruncher said...

Are you kidding that is your mom!?!? Give her a congratulatory squeeze for looking so dang amazing!
My favorite fitness item is my polar heart rate monitor!!

Muncher Cruncher said...

I am a follower :)

Laurel said...

My Garmin!

Anonymous said...

I cannot live without my FiveFinger shoes! I have two pairs so far, I am obsessed.

Jonnie (JB) said...

I would have to say my elliptical. I can pound out a quick workout on it no matter what the weather and without hauling out any extra equipment.

dftrew(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Definitely have to agree on the Garmin. My heart skips a beat everytime it takes a second to turn on - how'd I become so dependent on it that I really don't believe I can run without it? There were days without splits & accurate mileage & pre-loaded interval workouts? What??

Callie said...

My ipod. I can't keep going without music.

Callie said...

GFC follower!

Melissa said...

Right now I have just a regular digital watch, but I'm hoping to upgrade to Garmin soon :)

Melissa said...

And I'm a follower!