Happy 50th Birthday to the most incredible mom in the entire world!
And the best looking.
I have some fun tricks up my sleeve for her today but I cant’ let the cat out of the bag quite yet. Fortunately we all have off for Martin Luther King Jr. Day so I have some time to prepare.
Thanks for all your comments on yesterday’s long run. That run was hard, but today I feel great, not sore at all. I could run again today, but I’ll probably stick to Pilates.
Boston Training
Week 1: 36 miles
Week 2: 28 miles
Week 3:
Monday: REST
Tuesday: 4 miles easy + Reformer Pilates
Wednesday: 7 miles tempo
Thursday: Pushups
Friday: 5 miles easy
Saturday: 3 miles easy + pushups
Sunday: 17 miles long
Total Miles: 36 miles
On the agenda for week #4- the first 20 miler. The first 20 miler always intimidates me. I usually do 4- 20 milers in a training season so I’ve got to start early.
Week 4: January 17-23
Monday: Mat Pilates
Tuesday: Easy run + Reformer Pilates
Wednesday: Speed
Thursday: Easy
Friday: Tempo
Saturday: Easy
Sunday: 20 Miles Long
This morning I met my Mom for mat Pilates. I was surprised my legs actually were able to hang in there. We focused a lot on the glutes. It was a great class. Now I am off to get ready for the rest of the birthday festivities.
Hope everyone is having a great Monday!
*If you haven’t already done it, don’t forget to enter my yoga pack giveaway!
10 comments:
The first 20 miler always intimidates me too!
Happy Birthday to your Mom...she looks amazing!
Your running schedule is inspiring.
And happy birthday to your Mom - she looks terrific :) It's awesome that you guys do pilates together!
Looks like a great schedule! (and your mom looks fabulous!) What training program do you use? Or do you devise your own? I'll be training for Minneapolis starting in March - my 7th marathon and I'm going for a BQ.
Wow you have such an athletic family!! Amazing!! Great job on the week!
Wow! 20 already? You are gonna rock this race!
I am cutting back this week...maybe :)
Happy Bday Mom!
Happy birthday to your beautiful mom!
Ah yes the Boston 20's. I remember them well. Kinda glad I'm not going this year...just a teeny bit...
Is that really your mom, she doesn't look old enough to have kids your age (I'm not saying your are old, just grown up...) but if you say she is 50, send her our love.
Maybe you should take her running for her birthday, I ran a marathon for my 40th
Happy Birthday Blue-Eyed Mom! Hope you hada a great day celebrating!
I agree that the first 20Miler of a cycle is the most daunting, but the rest seem so much easier after that first one!
i was able to put off my 17 until yesterday since we didn't have school. but wow...it was tough. not on my legs/lungs/heart or anything normal. just because it was wicked cold and by the end i was near tears because my hands hurt so badly.
looking forward to 20 next week. right now it says that it's going to be sunny and 25*. sounds perfect!
your mom looks incredible!!! happy belated birthday to her :)
GREAT job on your training!!! the weeks just keep ticking off :)
Post a Comment