Hello and Happy Friday!
I am on another delayed opening today which means I don’t have to be into work until 10:15 and the kids don’t come until almost 11! ANDI go to lunch at 11:30, which makes for a fantastic morning for me. There were only 2 days this week that I had to get up to an alarm. I much prefer to be woken up by Cooper kisses than the blaring sound of my alarm. Coop is like an alarm clock himself. If I’m not up already, he wakes me up between 7:30-8. A much more pleasant way to wake up, if you ask me.
Ahhthe green monster. It does not taste bad! My mistake yesterday was not to freeze the banana in advance and the smoothie came out all warm. And green. It was not pleasant. You can’t taste the spinach but nobody likes a green smoothie. Also, I have a pretty cheap blender so sometimes you can feel the texture of the spinach which is also unpleasant. I have to be careful to blend it really well. But other than all of that, it is definitely worth a try. For the most part, and in the winter I prefer to juice, just because juice goes down so much easier, but when you juice, you lose all of that wonderful fiber, so I try to do both. Definitely give it a try and let me know what you think!
Last night I continued my effort to eat all the spinach. Dan talks a big game about eating a lot of spinach but he hasn’t had a single leaf yet! Last night, I decided to cook some up. All this spinach:
turned into this little amount on my plate. So crazy. I decided to continue with the green theme. Green always has been my favorite color.
I love yogi tea, but I’m such a sucker for advertising. I’m pretty sure any type of green tea “supports an active body” but I’m the idiot that paid $5 a box for this. What can I say? I like the little quotes they put on the bag. This one said, “ Happiness is total relaxation.”
Yay for Friday. What do you have going on this weekend?
Tonight we are going out for Hibachi with friends and at some point this weekend I have to do 20 miles. Not sure yet if it will be inside or outside or some combination of the two.
*What are your weekend plans? Workouts or for fun.
*Tea or Coffee?
BOTH
8 comments:
You're right, SO much green! I love both spinach and green tea! I've never drank spinach before - although I'm now inspired to try your green monster smoothie! It's totally understandable to be in love with the more expensive tea that reminds you to relax and be happy.
I'm going to run tonight and again Sunday (my first long run since my injury!) and have dinner with some friends on Saturday and Sunday. I love green and white teas the most, but I'm also a sucker for the occasional fancy Starbucks drink!
Good luck with your 20 miles! :)
TEA!!!! all the way baby. i'm pretty sure that i'd have to add so much cream and sugar to coffee in order to choke it down that it would be like eating melted ice cream...
i'm working through my own bag of spinach. today: in a wrap :)
Glad you are a "victim" of advertising...keeps people like me employed :)
Cooper sounds like such a sweet dog!! :) My plans for this weekend involve a 16 miler which I'm pretty excited for! And tomorrow I'm also going to the KU basketball game! Good luck on your 20 miler and have a great weekend! :)
I've had that tea and I love it! I'm a coffee and tea drinker, but I usually have about 5 cups of green tea a day and MAYBE one cup of coffee
I love my Cooper kisses too! yay for delayed starts!! I hope you enjoyed your extra hours!!
You are owning up to your Spinach use! Thanks for sharing your ideas and the note about the frzn banana!
Maybe an inside/outside combo run would be a nice compromise if the roads are still gross- such a smart girl!
I am a tea person all the way- coffee just leaves such an after taste in my mouth!
I drink both but lately I have been leaning more towards tea myself! I should buy Yogi, I didn't know they had quotes on them!! I am a sucker for those types of things too! xoxo jen from shesafitchick
Post a Comment