Today I completed the first 20 miler of Boston Marathon training in Trathlon form. Running, running, and oh yeah, more running. My marathon training schedule called for 20 miles @ 8:38 pace.
Part 1: 7 miles @ 8:34 w/ Dad.
Transition 1: Water, Tri-berry flavored GU
Part 2: 3 miles on treadmill at 8:34
…while Dad showered, changed and bundled up for his bike ride.
Transition 2: Water, Chocolate Outrage GU, banana, stretch, and foam roll.
Part 3: 10 miles outside w/ Dad on the bike.
I am not exactly sure what the 10 mile pace was because I just continued with the first leg of the run. I did 17 miles in 8:43 and 3 in 8:34 so it has got to be close the the predicted workout.
Total Run: 20 miles, approx 8:40ish pace, 2 hours, 53 minutes.
I am happy with this run. My dad got his run in and I didn’t have to stay outside in the cold for 3 hours. It was nice to come home and use my parent’s bathroom and I kept my transitions pretty quick. It was really cold outside- 12 degrees when we started at 9:15, and there was a ton of snow and ice on the ground so we stayed in town. Usually for long runs we do more of an out and back but this time we stayed local.
I refueled with pizza today. 2 slices of pepperoni and mushrooms.
First 20 miler down! 3 or 4 more to go!
*What is your favorite pizza topping?
*Weekend workouts?
I hope to make it to Pilates tomorrow.
12 comments:
Very creative 20 miler, awesome! Oh, pizza....hm, I love veggie the most, no meat on mine, please:)
awesome work on the 20 miler! i'm hoping that the foam rolling was more preventative, and not because your knee was acting up again. its so impressive that coming off your injury you're already up to 20 miles, and so speedy!
i have plans to fuel up with some pizza tonight before my 20 mile run tomorrow. i'm having trouble deciding how i'm going to tackle the mileage. there's a running group that meets at 8am, but i've never run with them before and that makes me nervous. also, it's suppose to be in the single digits at that time...and if i wait it will be a good 10 degrees warmer...but it would be nice to at least do some of the miles not solo. ugh.
so awesome that your dad ran and biked with you!
Good job Keri! Nice pace for 20!
Wow. You're fast. Nice work on the 20. SA loves home-made pizza. Lately we do sausage, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, black olives, tomatoes and some sort of yummy cheese like an asiago blend. Mmmmmm!
I did a 17-miler today and it wasn't as bad weather-wise as I thought. I couldn't bear the treadmill for a long run!
Great 20 miler!! Congrats! :)
now that you mention it, I'm eating pizza right now! it's just cheese but fantastically delicious. Nice run!!
nice run! Cold!!! brr...
You. are. amazing! I wish I lived near you so I could run with you (even though I prefer to run alone). What plan are you doing? So special that you can run with your dad! Oh, how I would love that.
Awesome job on the 20 miles!!
Way to kick butt on the 20 and that pasta above...i'm drooling and i don't even like shrimp that much! nice job!
It must be so nice to have your dad run with you!
Man that is COLD for a 20 miler. Do you get cold when you come in for the transition and have sweat on your clothes? That's the one thing about the transitions. I think I'd have to change.
You are doing great! Great job sticking to the paces! :)
Post a Comment