Saturday, January 1, 2011

December Training Review and Long Run to Bring in the New Year

This is what really matters: running. This is where I know where I am.
~Steve Jones (Former marathon world record holder)

Happy New Year!

2010 Monthly Reviews
January: 85.75 miles
February: 58 miles
March: 68 miles
April: 95.22 miles
May: 74.6 miles
June: 97.17 miles
July: 109.43 miles
August: 139.86 miles
September: 114.43 miles
October: 51.50 miles
November: 1.5 miles

December: 60.22
2010 Total Miles: 904
Days Running: 13/31
Days at the Gym: 11/31 (Pilates, strictly strength, spin, lifting, and cross training)
Longest Run: 10 miles
Days of Speed Work: 1
Number of Runs over 10 miles: 1
Number of Races: 1
Number of Rest Days: 12

Thoughts: 2010 was a great year for running. I am thrilled about the goals I have achieved and I learned a lot from being injured. I am so happy and grateful to be running again.

Looking Ahead: 2011 is looking to be a busy year when it comes to racing. I am registered for both the Boston and New York Marathons and off and running in my Boston training. I missed the structure of training for a marathon but also miss being able to run in shorts and a tee-shirt. Training for a spring marathon should be interesting, but I am up for the challenge. I am working towards some exciting goals and am excited to see what 2011 will bring.

I kicked off 2011 with a long run to end my first week of Boston training. My dad and I completed a hilly 10-miler after I stayed up until 3am to bring in the new year. I felt fine when I woke up in the morning; I made sure to be plenty hydrated and not overdo it on the champagne, but I was pretty tired and my legs felt heavy.

Chatham 10 elevation
Lots of hills! Up and down…

Stats:
10.2 miles
1:31:56 minutes
9:01 pace

Splits:

Chatham 10

As you can see from my splits, my legs were tired. Tomorrow will most definitely be a rest day from running, although I plan to hit up a mat Pilates class at the gym.

*How did you choose to kick off 2011?

5 comments:

dawn @ running the dawn said...

awesome way to start out a new year! good for you that you've already planned so far out...i have yet to look beyond boston. it's all i can think about these days....

Running Ricig said...

That is a nice way to start off the year. I did 6 this afternoon and kicked off my fundraising for 2011. I'm planning on running all of my races next year to support charity.

Nathan said...

So much to look forward to this year! Didn't know you were signed up for NYC too.

I sympathize with the tired legs. First week back to a solid weights routine for me and I am tired! Hope we are both used to it and feeling a bit fresher next week.

I'd love to see what's on your plate for training -or what you've done in the past.(?) I really enjoyed your recap of 2010. I need to get my stats up too.


Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR! And have a great week!

Jennifer said...

Holy COW girl, that is a lot of miles!!! xoxo Jen from shesafitchick.com

Runners Fuel said...

looks like August was a great month!