Wednesday, December 1, 2010

November Training Review

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time.  ~John Lubbock


I cannot believe it is already December. Seriously. No words.


Past Monthly Reviews
January: 85.75 miles
February: 58 miles
March: 68 miles
April: 95.22 miles
May: 74.6 miles
June: 97.17 miles
July: 109.43 miles
August: 139.86 miles
September: 114.43 miles
October: 51.50 miles

November Stats: 1.5 miles. Boo.
2010 Total Miles: 844 (so far)

Days Running: 2/30
Days at the Gym: 21/30 (Pilates, FIT, spin, lifting, and cross training) **A new record**
Longest Run: 1 mile :(
Days of Speed Work: 0
Number of Runs over 10 miles: 0
Number of Races: 0
Number of Rest Days: 8 (no gym or ride) 

Thoughts: Obviously this training review is pretty boring considering I did a mile of running this entire month. I was able to put more time in at the gym, and hopefully stayed in decent shape through cross training and strength training. This is the longest I have gone without running and I pray that the time I investing in resting paid off.


Looking Ahead: Hopefully in December I will be able to slowly increase my mileage so that I am ready to start training in January. I was considering not running at all until training but I think it is important to build back up slowly so that come January, I am not jumping straight into an intense training program. I don't plan to go crazy, I am only going to do whatever I can do without pain. That seems to be what is considered okay. I did an entire month off of running and now I am going to attempt to build back up. I do plan to see the physical therapist a couple of times and see what they have to say, but I have been doing quad strengthening exercises, foam rolling, etc.

Doctor Update
Thank you for your comments on my trip to the doctor's office...it was very frustrating, but I have some news. Since I jumped the gun and scheduled my appointment with the specialist before I obtained the referral, I had to call the office to cancel. My appointment was supposed to be tonight, so I wanted to call as early as possible. I called this morning, fully expecting to leave a message, but someone answered. I told her I needed to cancel and she asked if I wanted to reschedule. I explained the situation and asked how much it would cost to pay out of pocket. She told me it all depends on what I needed to have done. THEN, she asked if I wanted her to call my doctor to try to get the referral! I have no idea if they are going to go for it but I figured it was worth a try. I don't want to get my hopes up but I'm happy to have another shot at this...

Can you believe it is December?? How are you going to close out 2010?

7 comments:

All Things Jaime said...

Keep your head up, girl! I know November wasn't a ton of fun for you but try to think back to Steamtown and all of the smiles that that brought! Boston will be equally - if not more - enjoyable! It will be worth the time off.

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

I hope your doc gives you that referral! That's so annoying that he won't let you just go see a specialist..I guess he has to cover all his ground to play by the rules of the insurance company. Ugh.

I can't BELIEVE it's December!! Nuts!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I love the quote at the beginning. Dang woman you killed it in July:) Way to go on doing so much cross training and I am so happy you will be able to add in mileage this month! So exciting!!

Runners Fuel said...

I hope you get the referral!

Running and living said...

So sorry about the doctor issue. I can't believe it is so hard for you to get a referral. Typically I schedule the appt and than call my PCP who calls in the referral. Hopefully things will work out shortly!

dawn @ running the dawn said...

oh i hope it works out with your doctor! that would be awesome!

i'm so excited that its december. best month all year! well...except for the holiday shopping, i'm so bad at that...

mmmonyka said...

LOL, I am sorry but that 1.5 mile looks really funny among those other numbers for other months.

I am glad that you knee feels good enough to maybe start some easy running soon! Can't wait to hear all about your training.