Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holiday Madness

Phew. All of this holiday madness is making me crazy. The traffic in New Jersey is unbelievable...of course it doesn’t help that I live next door to a mall. There are lines everywhere! Even at the luggage stores. I mean come on people. I think there may be something to this online shopping thing…and I love to shop…but this is ridiculous. Okay sorry for the rant.

DSC00770

The USATF Grand Prix standings came out…I finished 2nd in the under 34 age division. The funny thing is I didn’t even need to run the race in order to win 2nd but I’m glad I did. It felt like the right way to end the racing season. There are some seriously competitive runners in series and I’m glad I could hold my own, injury and all. Depending on how I feel, I will probably take it easy on the running for the next few weeks and focus on recovering and cross training until Boston training begins in January. I am still unusually sore for running a tempo paced 10 miles which means my body still needs time to recover. I am actually wondering if the soreness is something more because the medial left quad pain is not fading. I have been icing and foam rolling and will keep an eye on it.

It is freezing in New Jersey today. Dan and I are supposed to go out for sushi tonight…Half price sushi and bring your own wine…it is our favorite date night but it is so cold I don’t even want to go out! Very unusual for me. I am already in sweats and drinking tea to warm up. Yes I am that old.

11 comments:

Runners Fuel said...

Smart cholice to tak eit easy. You want to be as healed as you can before you start the Boston training.

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I am the same way! Once I am home in my pjs and warm I don't want to leave.....maybe I would for sushi though:). Great job on your race speed demon! I like your resting idea until official training... Might have to copy you on that one!

Running and living said...

It is normal to be sore bc you have not run in a while, the muscles are in shock! You'll be fine soon!

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

It's FREEZING today!!!!

We have ZERO holiday shopping done, and I think it may be too late to get it done online. Yesterday was the busiest shipping (out) day in the history of the holidays. I don't want to get stuck with rush fees. Last year I did all of thei WAY ahead...this year, nothing. I am dreading going out this week!!!! I live down the road from a mall too (not a great one thought). Luckily, it's NOT King of Prussia, which is insane all the time. One year I got scammed in the lot there by a guy telling me I had to pay $10. to park...it was the ONLY spot in the lot and I think the guy was just there because it was an area off from the main where he could get away with it. Anyway, not looking forward to it.

Stephanie said...

I am with you, sweats in and wanting to avoid the cold! That sounds like such a fun date night, I wish we had something like that here!

Anonymous said...

Half price sushi and bring your own wine? Sign a sister up!

Congrats on your 2nd place finish!

coach dion said...

I don't do sushi, but I would give anything to be as old / young as you... so why don't you just go out in your sweats!!!

Amanda@runninghood said...

What is your fav kind of sushi? I'm such a sushi wuss and usually only do the california rolls which really isn't sushi sushi but I want to venture out to some more daring choices...please share some suggestions. :)

HowdyFromNYC said...

Where is this sushi place you speak of?!

dawn @ running the dawn said...

good work on placing in your division! that is super impressive, especially with your injury.

now i'm hungry for sushi :)

Laura said...

Congratulations!!! Nice job, especially with the injury.

And I too want to know where the sushi place is :)