Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lame Week for Workouts

My ever so thoughtful boyfriend brought me flowers just because :)

DSC00781  DSC00783

DSC00784  DSC00785

He said everyone at the store thought he was in the dog house! (He wasn’t) He just knows that flowers are cheaper than a ring so he likes to keep me happy. Typical. Oh yes, and he brought me this:

DSC00788

He knows me too well. So well, he was worried I already had this issue. I didn’t. But someone at work did. Its fine.

I have been feeling unmotivated to workout this week for some reason, which is highly unusual for me. I’ve also been really busy getting ready for the holidays so I decided to roll with it and rest. I had my alarm set this morning to go to a 5:45 boot camp style class but work up to a text from the friend I was meeting so I went back to sleep :) I’m okay with it.

Workouts this week = Lame

Sunday: 10 Mile Race 
Monday: REST
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: 3-mile birthday run w/ dad
Thursday: REST

Tomorrow I WILL do something good! A coworker actually approached me today and told me I look like I’m losing weight. (I am not trying to). Its funny because the less I run, the more weight I lose. When I run, I eat A LOT, especially carbs. When I run less, I spend more time at the gym building muscle and my metabolism goes up.I also crave more protein I guess its all about finding the proper balance.

Question: Do you notice changes in your body as your workouts change?

Back to Christmas gifts!

12 comments:

LindsLovesMiles said...

Pretty flowers!! What a sweet boy!

Carrie said...

Yay flowers! :)

I have something similar in terms of craving protein. When I do more strength work, I actually get excited thinking about my vanilla powder. Not so much when I'm heavy on the running and light on the weights. So far that hasn't dramatically affected my body though.

PS Hi, I'm new to blogger & I dig your blog! :)

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I am the same way!! Your body needed some rest! That was so sweet of your boyfriend...he is a keeper:)

Jessica said...

Err, I tend to be a ravenous machine all the time. And when I can't run, I think I eat more because I'm depressed about being injured. My issues tend to be more psychological than physical.

The holidays are a busy time and stressful for everyone - I'm sure your body appreciates the break! Plus, I'm not sure how knee-friendly a boot-camp class would be anyway!

Keri said...

HA! Jessica, so true!

Elle said...

Hahaha... Love this post it is just so you! Speaking of I miss you blog friend....

Love it that "flowers are cheaper than a ring" hahaha...

And I love pink gerber daisies don't you?

Jealous of your gym time, med school is crazy ridiculous, and I admit, I am either studying or a total couch potato because I am exhausted I know working out would help my energy level, but uggg... it's just so much work on top of work! ha! Oh well, my last final of this semester is tomorrow, and hopefully next semester will be a brand new start and I can get better about being healthy (i.e. not living on skittles and olives and running once in a while)!

Runners Fuel said...

The less I run, the worse I eat. I haven't been gaining weight and my clothes fit better than before. I'm not sure why??

Katie said...

Those flowers are gorgeous!!

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

Awww, so sweet!!!!

In the past I have seen changes from workouts. Now, I am just seeing changes, lol. My workouts are still going, but I have been feeling myself get more and more tired, and noticing I can do less and less as the weeks go on. It kinda sucks :(

Anonymous said...

Awe, what a nice BF! Maybe next comes the ring ;)

Anonymous said...

That is too sweet! What a good guy - it's so nice to do sweet little things, just because!

dawn @ running the dawn said...

i'm having the same problem this week. next to no working out. sigh. at least you've been running! good work!

i love flowers for no reason! fabulous.