“A moment of reflection can inspire your dreams... and such moments are necessary to remind us that life is worth dreaming about!”
Okay, enough of the reminiscing posts. I promise no more. I guess I just like to keep track of things and be able to look back. For now, it will be all about looking ahead.
My booty is still killing me from Tuesday’s plyo jumps! And so are my quads. And why oh why did I commit to going to spin yesterday? Talk about SORE. But, actually, spin really helped to flush out my legs. I just took it easier than I normally would…even if it wasn’t all that easy. My favorite Pilates teacher taught the spin class and I love taking classes with her because she focuses on form and staying relaxed, even if your legs are going a million miles per hour.
Besides diving head first into my training plan, I’ve been spending a lot of time this week trying to get my life in order for the new year. I just love new starts.
~Cleaning, laundry, etc.
~Studying for the personal trainer test (more on this tomorrow!)
~Boston Training
~Resolutions/Inspiration Board
Boston Training Update
Yesterday turned into a cross-training day because I was that sore. Today I did 6 easy (3 outside with dad, 3 on the treadmill) because I was still sore! I guess I forgot that I took an entire month off from running and although I have the determination and willpower to get out there and train, my body has other ideas. I’m okay with making some hard runs easy ones as long as I can keep getting out there. Even though training this week isn’t going exactly how I had planned, I think its actually going pretty well (I mean its only week 1). Considering I originally wasn’t planning to start training until the new year, I’ll take it! It looks like I’ll be just under 40 miles for this week. Not bad.
*New Years Eve: Love it or hate it? What are your new years plans?
Personally, I think New Year’s Eve is a little overrated, I would much rather go to a house party and be with friends and loved ones to ring in the new year than go out in the cold! And that is exactly what we will be doing. A couple of years ago I did the whole NYC New Year’s Eve. It was so cold and so crowded! No thank you!
*Be sure to stop by Stephanie’s blog and say congratulations!
6 comments:
There is so much hype surrounding the NYE bar scene. I would rather go out for an incredible meal and reflect on the past year. I love to look at pictures, listen to music and enjoy some wine.
With that being said, I think we are going to a bar this year to dance our butts off :) haha.
I could take or leave New Years it's really not all that exciting. I'm so cool that last year I fell asleep on my couch at like 8 on NYE.
Love your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine!!
I love/hate being sore!! I hate new years. I think it's SO overrated. There is always such a high expectation and nothing seems to ever happen. I think i might like new years on a warm beach with some fireworks???
New Year's IS totally overrated. And it's SO cold here, it would be torturous to be anywhere standing in line. So I think I'm going to be ringing it in quietly with some sushi and my bffs :) And making New Year's resolutions, because those aren't overrated - they're awesome!
I once heard NYE referred to as AMATEUR night, which seems pretty accurate! I'm a homebody, so staying in sounds good to me!
I know that your body will catch up with your determination! Nice job!
We are staying in tonight and I am a-okay with that! You had a great 2010 ... can't remember if I commented on the race post, but love it!! You're a great athlete!! :) Cheers to Boston training and to a great 2011!!!
Post a Comment