Thank you for all your nice comments on my previous post! I couldn’t be happier with this running year and hope to continue making improvements in 2011.
I am off and running with Boston training. So far both workouts have been completed on the treadmill but that is certainly better than nothing. According to my schedule, today was an easy day, so I did 8 miles at 7.0 mph (8:34 pace) It took about 1:08. Thank God for my new ipod because I never would have made it on the treadmill for over an hour without it. After the run, I stretched and foam rolled then did:
50 modified push ups
~3 sets of 15 + 1 set of 5
3 sets of 20 lunge jumps
~10 on each side.
To do the lunge jumps, lower down into a lunge keeping your front knee over the ankle and lift your back heel off the ground. Jump up into the air as high as you can, switching the front leg with the back and lower back down. That is one rep on one side. Repeat, switching legs again. That is one rep on the other side. Be careful to keep good form and do not do too many of these if you are not ready as plyo jumps have a high rate of injury. I wanted to do these after my run when my muscles were already fatigued and they were definitely feeling it.
So far this week:
Sunday: REST
Monday: Track ( 3 x 1600 w/ 1 min rest interval) + warm up and cool down
Tuesday: 8 miles easy + Alternating lunge jumps & pushups
I may go back to the gym later for something easy. I can’t help it. I’m off this week and love to get in lots of workouts while I still can. I stopped in the cafe on the way out after the gym and grabbed a protein shake and a salad. I came home and iced and foam rolled again. Now its time to shower, walk the pup, and head out to cash in on some Christmas gift cards!
9 comments:
Sounds like a great day!
WOW! You are certainly an inspiration for all! Good luck with your training! And, I know what you mean about your iPOD. If I didn’t have that thing I don’t know if I’d be able to run at all sometimes.
Great job! I get so bored on the treadmill! Plus, I am always tempted to just hop off too early.
You're such an inspiration! I don't hate the treadmill myself (although it's never as good as running outside it's true), but I really appreciate the way you post your workouts. One day I aspire to be fast enough to do Boston, so it's nice to get a glimpse into the training life of someone already doing it! :)
I need to try those lunge jumps! Yay for Boston training!! The treadmill is awful....I am getting spoiled in Cali with all this outdoor running. Good thing you have your new ipod!
I have been catching up on the blog since being gone, and it sounds like your Boston training is off to a fantastic start! I love reading all about your training! Hopefully the snow melts and you can get back outside soon!
You must feel awesome! I hope to do a similar workout tomorrow. i still have not updated my iPod list so I hope there is something good on the t.v at the gym...I've never run over 7 miles on a T.M. Thanks for your comment today. Glad I did't lose everyone with my fairy talk. :)
You have major mental fortitude!
Is there a certain point on the TM that you just stop obsessing about being on the TM? I still haven't reached it yet. haha
The plyos sound great. I might try those :)
After years of running I have discovered that it doesn't matter how good your program is, what counts is what you end up logging in your Diary... so keep ticking off the days.
Post a Comment