Monday, December 13, 2010

What a Weekend!

Racing is the fun part; it's the reward of all the hard work.
~Kara Goucher

Thank you for all your comments and positive vibes regarding yesterday’s race. It felt so good to be out there again. I am pretty sore this morning. Mostly my (inner) quads and hamstrings. I’m also still pretty tight, although I have been foam rolling frequently. My body certainly isn’t used to running 10 miles and I think because of the injury, the stabilizers are having trouble absorbing all of the impact. Therefore, other parts of the legs need to stabilize and now I am sore in places I wouldn’t normally be sore in. Its all good though. I’d rather be sore than in pain from an injury so I think I’m doing all right.

This weekend was the perfect balance of fun and productive. Friday night we went to a holiday party. A friend of ours married a girl from Mexico, and they hosted a dinner party featuring authentic fajitas and homemade guac, etc. Delicious. I used to make the guac for parties but no one beats Ilse’s guacamole!

DSC02112From Matt & Ilse’s Mexican Wedding earlier this year.

Saturday was a more productive day. I worked on Christmas presents, and Dan and I decorated our tree.

DSC00758  DSC00760

Cooper has been pretty good with the tree so far, but lately he has been taking the bulbs off the tree and trying to eat them. Not good. I can’t believe we are back to Monday. Hope its a good one!

6 comments:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

You rocked your race yesterday!! I am so so happy for you! Looks like you had an amazing weekend and I can't wait to see your finished scrapbook:)

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Good job on the race and keep going!

dawn @ running the dawn said...

beautiful tree! my weekend was productive...however today (a snow day) has been nothing but a waste of time....i need to get ready for vacation! eeeeee!

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

Glad to hear the race went well!! Looks like you had a nice weekend! Home made guac from someone that really knows how to make it...where can I get some??!!! Yum!

Anonymous said...

Wooo hoo! Good job on the race!

Also, that Mexican wedding photo is intriguing. Where did they get married?

Laura said...

Any chance you can snag the guac recipe for those of us who aren't lucky enough to have an Ilse in our lives? :)