Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Fitness Goals and Other Resolutions!

“Everyday is a new opportunity to make new decisions.”

Happy New Year’s Eve! I seriously cannot believe that today is the last day of the year. I hope everyone has a great time ringing in the new year. Now for some goals and resolutions for 2011:

I may not be able to reach all of these goals but that is why they are goals, so here it goes:

Running

1.) PR in the Marathon.
I am training for a 3:20 Boston but I will be happy with any PR.

2.) Break my 19 minutes for the 5K. (Current PR = 19:35)

3.) Break 40 min for the 10K (Current PR = 40:52)
Yes I am crazy, but you already know that.

4.) Move up in the Grand Prix Standings.
I took 2nd in my age division 2 years in a row now.

Fitness

1.) Become certified as a Personal Trainer.
I officially registered for the exam today. I’m taking it in February. Hopefully I pass.

2.) Start working in the fitness industry (teaching classes and/or training clients).
I’ve been certified to teach group fitness for over a year now but I have been afraid to get out there and start. In 2011 I will start teaching, whether it is one client or an entire class.

3.) Be able to do 25 full (not modified) push-ups. At one time.

4.) Get certified to teach spin.

Resolutions

1.) Improve the blog. (Suggestions welcome)
~Photography
~Writing

2.) Attempt an ice bath!

I ended the year with a killer 2 part workout: a 4.75 mile run (8:40 pace) and a 60 minute strength class. Again, my favorite instructor was teaching and included lots of the dreaded plyo jumps and running drills…lots of cardio for a strength class but I loved it. The strength training component was aimed at muscular endurance, meaning low weight, high reps. It has been a looooong time  since I have taken a strength training class because I was on a spin kick for awhile. It was a killer. Leaving 2010 with a fitness bang.

I’m off to prepare for tonight. We are going to our friends’ house and I need to put together a veggie platter.
See ya next year!

*What do you hope to accomplish in 2011?
*What do you think makes a great blog? What would you like to see more of on here?

12 comments:

Jenn said...

Sub 19! You are SPEEDY!!! Here's to 1st in the Grand Prix standings followed by an ice bath in 2011!! Greak goals-I'm betting you'll get them all!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Good luck with your test in Feb! I am a NSCA-CSCS and know how much you have to prepare for those exams! I worked as a personal trainer for a while, but haven't been using my certification of late :(

Girl, you got speed! Wishing you the best in your PR journey AND in BOSTON!!

Running and living said...

Love your goals! I have no doubt you'll accomplish them:)

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

Awesome goals!!! Speedy 5k...I KNOW you can do it. Yay for teaching spin and becoming a personal trainer...that is so awesome. I love your blog just as it is...if you can't tell I stalk you big time.

Stephanie said...

That would be a super speedy 5k! I love all your goals, can't wait to see what happens for you in 2011!

Muncher Cruncher said...

AWESOME goals. I am a Certified Personal Trainer, and it is the best job in the whole wide world. I'm convinced. What certification are you studying for?
I think your blog is awesome :)

COLORADOctor said...

Awesome goals! You are laser fast :-)

dawn @ running the dawn said...

ICE BATH!!!! do it now!!! seriously, love your list of goals. they are clear, attainable, and challenging. perfection!

Carrie said...

Great goals! I love how you broke them down by sections of your life - I totally do that too! I love making resolutions :) I especially like your push-up and ice bath resolutions!
In 2011, I want to do my first sprint tri and break my PR from my first marathon in my second marathon.

Jennifer said...

AWESOME goals! Let me know if you need any help with the PT studying. Where are you taking it?

xox Jen from shesafitchick.com

Aron said...

Awesome goals and I definitely think you are on your way to achieving them very soon :)

Anonymous said...

Ice baths are AWESOME!

I want to get certified to teach spin this year too :)

See you in Boston!!!!