Okay answers to some questions:
Page asked:
The wedding was on a small island off of Cancun, called Isla Mujeres. The resort was called Privilege Aluxes and it was all inclusive. It was beautiful! The island was so small it was only a few miles around and we basically had the whole place to ourselves. If anyone wants more details let me know. You can read the Mexico Recap here.
Amanda asked:
I LOVE sushi, but I really like the taste of the fish in my sushi. I will eat anything with tuna, salmon and avocado. The names of the rolls are usually different depending on where you go, but one of my favorites is The Philadelphia Roll, which has salmon and cream cheese. Dan hates it so we don’t get it often. When we go for sushi, we usually start with miso soup, edamame, and then share 4-5 rolls. Our favorite place offers half price on certain rolls Monday-Wednesday and we usually leave with a $20 bill. Can’t beat that!
Check out this post on getting faster.
And most important of all, a very Happy Birthday to Blue-Eyed Dad!
Another year, another marathon. I love you :)
*Also, I have updated my tabs to include my planned races for 2011 so check it out.
Have a great day!
Question: What are your tips for getting speedier?
9 comments:
Loved the answers. Philidelphia roll all the way, good job leaving a sushi restaurant with such a cheap bill!! Happy Birthday to your dad and for me the more miles I do the faster I get:)
I LOVE sushi! Ummm-no sushi around here so on trips I turn into a junky and just sit in sushi bars all day!!
I love the post on getting faster. Really good info. I've gotten whatever speed I have mainly from running more miles. I'm opposite, 3:18 marathon but no way I could break 20 minutes in a 5K.
Happy birthday to your dad!!! I just think that's so awesome that you have a such a great relationship and can share this passion for running! Love it!
Still don't do Sushi, but I could write lots about speed:
don't worry I won't say to much, just what you said in your blog was not half bad. Now my question is, by fast what do you mean? do you want a good hundred meters or a good marathon? OK something in between...
Any why? Well sprinters work out in the gym and on the track, often running flat out. so for you to run a good half what do you need? To be strong, the type of strong you get from running lots. they say you should be running 100mile a week as a 5km runner. don't worry I don't even get there for a marathon. So how much should you run? lots, what ever feels enough. you don't want to be tired. Then you need your miles / km / 400m / 200m / hills and tempo runs up to 3 times a week. and your reps should be run at 2mile or 5km pace with between 30 and 90sec rest...
enough said, I'm tired just talking about running fast.
i can't believe that you find sushi for so cheap!!! i always get some at whole foods...that's the only way i can afford it :)
happy birthday to your dad!
I am not nearly as fast as you but if I had tips for getting faster it would be speed work! I went from barely running to doing a 24:55 5 k in 6 weeks by doing twice a week 400, 800 and sometimes 600 speed workouts. Either outside or on the treadmill. I've found speed work on the treadmill is an amazing way to learn how to pace yourself.. unfortunately for me it was also an amazing way to get shin splints :(
Happy Birthday Blue-eyed dad, hope he had a great day!
Increasing my mileage overall helped a ton with my speed over my shorter distances, over 10 minites off my 5k PR in a year, but I also do track workouts, so tough to say which is better, I think both together is the trick!
Awe, thanks for the shout out! And thanks for the info on the Mexican wedding! We are trying to plan a small wedding in Mexico and I'm always looking for tips and tricks.
You have to work until Christmas EVE!!! BOOO!!!
I'm trying out tabata intervals (20 secs all-out sprinting, 10 secs stopping and sucking wind, repeat 8-10 times), which I've heard are great to get your speed up. But of course, for a marathon, you'll need to eventually put that speedwork training into a long distance training run at your new faster pace...
Post a Comment