Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Running Highs and Lows of 2010

Running Highs
~PRs in the following distances:
4 Mile~ 25:36 (6:24 pace)
5 Mile~ 33:06 (6:34 pace)
10K~ 40:47 (6:33 pace)
15K~ 1:06:05 (7:03 pace)
Half Marathon~ 1:33:46 (7:09 pace)
Marathon~ 3:29:49 (8:00 pace)
~Top Female Finisher
3 different distances
(Not Quite) Fall Classic 4-Miler
Woodbridge 10K
Rock N’ Run 5K 
~Qualified for the NYC Marathon

~Qualified for the Boston Marathon

~Came in 2nd place in the under 34 age division of the USATF-NJ Grand Prix

~Took 3rd overall in the Category 1 (short races) Mini Division

~Completed 18 races (1 more than 2009)

Running Lows
~Getting sick just days before the Steamtown Marathon

~Getting injured right after the marathon

~Not reaching 1000 miles in 2010.

Overall, the highs definitely outweighed the lows this year. I am thrilled with my running accomplishments this year and can’t wait to set and work toward some new goals for next year.

What is your favorite running or fitness related accomplishment from this year?
Other than qualifying for Boston, (which is definitely my number 1) I am really proud of my 10K PR/First female finish. The 10K was never my strongest distance, in fact it was a difficult distance for me. And while I’ve won a couple of 5Ks, I never would have dreamed of winning a longer race.

6 comments:

coach dion said...

Looking at your other PR your marathon can improve a lot. So hit the road early and notch up those miles and a PR at Boston will be there for the taking.

good luck for 2011

TP said...

Wow - you had an amazing running year! I hope you achieve all the goals you set for next year - and of course, have fun trying :-)

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Congrats on a great year Keri! Can't wait to see what you do at Boston!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You really have a TON to be proud of and you are turning out to be a seriously great runner. Keep up the good work!

Muncher Cruncher said...

Keri that is amazing! Way to go girl!! You're awesome.

RunToTheFinish said...

that was a rockstar year and poop on coach dion, right now I say revel in your accomplishments and let them lead you to your next PR