Monday, December 6, 2010

2 Days in a Row!

Happy Monday!
runners world I am still defrosting from the Giants Game. It was so cold and I was shivering so much that my shoulders and back are actually sore today. Did you guys see this month’s edition of Runner’s World? There is something in there about Steamtown! Be sure to check it out…I’m pretty sure I can see Dan and Cooper on the left side of the page but no one else seems to see it :)

I made it another 2 1/2 miles today. That 1/2 mile seems to be the magic number. Each day I can run another 1/2 mile without pain. I set out to do 3 miles today and was able to do 2 easily. After the 2 mile mark I started to feel discomfort…probably because I had to slow down because I’m not used to running fast in the cold. At least I felt like I got a pretty good workout because I had to run quickly! When I am able to increase my mileage and start training, I should be in decent aerobic condition.

Some Un-exciting stats for you:
but very exciting for me!
2.5 miles
19:01 minutes
7:35 pace
Splits: 7:27, 7:44, 7:35

Yay for 2 days of running in a row. Nevermind that the grand total of 4.5 miles would not have even been 1 day of running before my injury. I am just happy to be running pain-free. And it is more than enough to keep me sane. Dan is happy for this. After the run I foam rolled (also before!) and iced. I used the cup trick that Lindsey taught me. Do you know the cup trick? You fill up a styrofoam cup (I used a paper bathroom cup) and put it in the freezer. I did 5-6 of them. When you want to ice, you rub hold the cup and rub in where you need to ice and as it melts you peel off the layers. I fold mine down. Works like a charm!

I am working on finalizing my Boston training plan so that will be up soon. I read today that Ryan Hall and Meb will be running Boston in April as well. Ryan Hall blogs here.

7 comments:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

Girl, I am so so happy for you!!! 2.5 miles, that rocks and speedy too:) I will be using the cup idea...can't wait to see your Boston plan!

mmmonyka said...

Indeed exciting! Can't wait to see your Boston plan! I am sure there will be some mile repeats included, right?:)
I wonder what you do with that water melting off the ice cup. It drew me crazy when my friend back at college did that and was leaving wet spots everywhere behind her.
I use one of those freezy things for small camping fridges.

dawn @ running the dawn said...

yay for plans for boston!!!! and pain free running. you are running so fast girl! i can't keep those paces up for even one mile. good work.

i knew about hall, but meb too!?!? best marathon ever! yay boston 2011!

Amber said...

YYYAAAYYYYY RUNNING!

Stephanie said...

Yay for another half mile, that is so great! I agree coming back to running when it is so cold has done a number on my lungs!

I use ice cups too, I learned that years ago when I played volleyball, and people always thought I was crazy for keeping frozen cups of ice in the freezer, but it works great!

Can't wait to read your Boston plan!

Runners Fuel said...

Yay for another 2 1/2 miles! I'm going to start running on the treadmill next week. Can't wait. I haven't recived the sof sole yet. But I did email them late. Can't wait to see your Boston plan!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Making progress!

And hey...maybe we'll see Meb and Ryann and they'll want to run with us ;) HA!