Good Morning!
This cold weather really makes me lose my motivation to get up in the morning. Fortunately, I ignored the strong desire to stay in bed and got up at 5am to go to the gym. Since spinning can irritate the IT band, I focused on core and strength instead and its a good thing because I have been seriously neglecting my upper body. I started off by foam rolling and then worked hips, back, and core.
Yesterday I completed another successful run! Finally got that 3-miler in...
3.1 miles
23:11 minutes
7:28 average pace
5:46 best pace
(7:22, 7:25, 7:40)
After the run I headed to the gym for Reformer Pilates. Pilates has been really great in helping to keep my IT band long and flexible. There are usually 5 of us in class but yesterday only myself and one other woman showed up so we basically had our own private class. It was fantastic.
I had so much energy last night after my invigorating run and the gym that I cooked dinner AND made cookies. I NEVER bake just for the heck of it but I guess I was feeling the Christmas spirit. Dan didn't complain.
We are really hoping to get our Christmas tree tonight. I have been begging to get it the past 3 days but we have been so busy we haven't had a chance. I can only imagine how Cooper is going to react. I hope he doesn't pee on it. Is that gross? Sorry :)
Are you ready for the holidays?
12 comments:
You may have lost some mileage in your down time, but you definitely haven't lost any speed! Great job, girl!!
I worried about our tree the first year we had a dog, but she did great, and she actually likes to sleep underneath it sometimes.
Yay for getting the 3 miler done! I see a nice comeback in your future!
WAHOO!! I am so happy that you are back running with no pain! Speedy miles girl. I love baking christmas goodies. I need to follow your lead and take a pilates class!
Yay for the 3 miler!
good work on those miles! i started huffing and puffing just reading how fast you were going :)
can't wait to see the tree :)
What's with the Americans and having tree so early? It is not even winter officially! And some people already had one during Thanksgiving!
Interesting. We always get tree few days before Xmas Eve and sometimes even on the same day. But it must have something to do with having an artificial tree vs a real one. Here you probably must get tree asap if you want to get a nice one. I am not even sure whether they sell real Xmas trees in Slovakia.
This Xmas tree thing is such a waste of trees. Just imagine, how many trees are cut down to satisfy the demand. I know that they are grown specifically for that purpose but would not it be nicer to just let them grow old and high and everyone gets an artificial tree? What's the difference? It is not about trees anyway.
I am such a non-holiday spirit person:) I just care about having days off of school and yummy food.
Congrats on your run AND getting out of bed at 5 a.m. to hit the gym!
Do you have to come back and walk your Cooper? I am always conflicted, but I HAVE to walk my COoper before I head out or he will be so confused! :)
Cookies would be great, nice to see your running is still going strong, I hope to start this weekend. But cookies would be nice!!!
At least Cooper can't climb up it!!!!! That's the WORST!
Wow! You are so fast! I'm a (relatively) new runner & have just been working on my distance goals thus far (training for my first half-marathon now). After it's over I want to work on my SPEED! Do you have any great tips for speedwork that really works?
Fast run!!! You are so awesome!
Hot dang! Great pace for just getting back into the swing of things
Post a Comment