Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Back to the Routine

So apparently I forgot to include my twitter name on my giveaway post. Sorry! You can tweet me @blueeyedrunner. I’m so glad you guys liked my bumper sticker. I really love how it came out. Here it is again if you missed it:

DSC00986

You can win the opportunity to create your own here. It can be about anything.

Yesterday was back to Pilates. I always feel so great after leaving a Pilates session. Very similar to the feeling you get after you finish a yoga class. I snuck in a quick 4 miles on the treadmill before Pilates. I wanted to do more after but it was getting late.

Getting back to work this week has been crazy. I have had meetings, doctors appointments, etc. I want to kick off the new year right with all my checkups and whatnot. On top of all the busy craziness, Dan and I are going away this weekend for a trip to the mountains with friends. I am excited but a little overwhelmed because I have a lot to do. I don’t actually ski (although maybe I’ll try this time…I always say that!) I hope to get a lot of studying done. Now that I registered for the PT test, I actually have a deadline so I better get cracking. I’m also going to make a trip to Borders today to load up on reading materials. There is a mini-gym with a treadmill where we are staying and I have a long run to get in this weekend so I plan to load up on magazines but I can also use a new book. Any suggestions? I recently finished American Wife (so good!) and Committed.

If you like to read, what is your favorite book of all time?

11 comments:

LindsLovesMiles said...

I'm not much of a skier either! I would rather drink hot chocolate :) My fav. books are Sarah's Key, anything by Jennifer Weiner (fun, girly reading), and of course anything related to running!! Have a great trip!

Running Ricig said...

My favorite book is Pride and Prejudice, but if we're talking something recent, I LOVED "I am Charlotte Simmons."

misszippy said...

I really enjoyed American Wife also! I just read Room...a real page turner, and I'm currently reading Freedom by Jonathon Franzen. I think Freedom may end up on my top 5 list of all time!

Runners Fuel said...

have a great weekend in the mountians!!

mmmonyka said...

Skiing is fun, you should try it!
No book suggestions, but I suggest you try to run outside:)

coach dion said...

Here in Cape Town it has been 35 C (what's that 90+) for the last couple of day's and it's almost 23h00 and i think I'm going swimming again just to cool down before bed...

Muncher Cruncher said...

I LOVE to read, but I have so many favorites I don't even know if I could pick just one! I just finished one called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and it was SO good. I would highly recommend it!

Laura said...

I haven't read either of the two you recommended - will check them out. I'm an avid reader though, so I have a zillion recommendations. As for favorite book of all time, I'll go with "Gone With the Wind." In the last year, my favorites have been "The Help," "The Recessionistas" (I think being in NJ you'd really like that one, since it's about women during the economic crisis and you probably know a lot of people similar to the main characters), and "the Art of Eating In" (about a Brooklyn girl who goes without eating in restaurants for two years).

All Things Jaime said...

I love to read, too! But, I've been in this girly book phase as of late (last 3 or so years). I think I remember commenting on your Emily Giffin book :) Love her!

Never been skiing ... I don't like the cold!

Anonymous said...

Yaaaay! Now following you on Twitter!

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

Love your bumper sticker!

Favorite book of all time?? That is a tough one. I have too many to pick one!!!

I am so jealous of you and pilates. I have been having workout envy lately. I am slowing down. The belly's getting bigger, and it's also getting in the way. Oh well, for a good cause ;-)

Have a great night!!!