Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Workouts

 Happy Sunday!

How is everyone’s weekend going? After my long run yesterday, I dropped my car off to get the tire fixed. While we were waiting for them to finish, Dan and I grabbed some appetizers at a new restaurant that opened up nearby. I was feeling a bit tired from the morning run, so I ordered a cappuccino.

IMG00231-20110129-1721

It was delicious.

$200 later and my car was good as new. I hate spending money on things like tires but I guess it is necessary.

Last night we met up with some friends and went bowling. There were four of us and we played 2 games. The first game I came in dead last with a score of 72. The second game- I WON with an all time high score of 116. Apparently none of us are very good bowlers but we had a blast doing it.

For some reason, I was lacking motivation to workout this morning. I almost called my my mom to tell her I wasn’t going to meet her at Pilates but I sucked it up and made it out the door.

I am so glad I did! It was a fantastic and super fast paced class. I felt really strong the entire time…not at all fatigued from yesterday’s 15 miler. The hour flew by and I felt much better afterwards. After Fitness Pilates, I went for an easy 5 mile recovery run with my dad (8:39 pace).

After the run, my mom sent me home with a care package of items she picked up for me at Whole Foods!

IMG00234-20110130-1238

Chia Seeds, Almond Butter, and Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans

I’m off to enjoy the rest of the weekend!

*How did your weekend workouts go?

*What was the best part of your weekend so far?
This is a hard one! Probably feeling strong after my training runs/workouts. Note that the actual workouts were not my favorite part!

8 comments:

LindsLovesMiles said...

I went bowling last night too! I'm not good either, but I really love it! We played two games and I never broke 100, so I'm proud of you :)

Running Ricig said...

I love care packages! Too bad I live like 5 minutes from my parents so they never send me things :(

I had two pretty good runs this weekend, but nothing spectacular. I had to play soccer mom.

Angie said...

OOOH!! What an amazing care package!!! Isn't Whole Foods the BEST?? It is so cool that you can make you're own peanut butter there!! :)

I ran in a cave this morning (groundhog run). It was pretty fun! Have a great week!!

Muncher Cruncher said...

Oh my gosh, aren't mom's the best! I love that you go to pilates with her!! I get to work out with my mom sometimes when i go to AZ and I LOVE it. I'm so sorry about your car. I hate spending money on cars...a necessary evil i guess. I'm glad you had a good weekend! xoxoxo

Runners Fuel said...

I love chocolate covered espresso beans!!

dawn @ running the dawn said...

i was so exhausted after my long run this weekend! sheesh. like more wiped than i was last week after 20. not sure what that's about...

i'm so jealous that you live near your parents! i would love to get those kind of packages from whole foods! actually, i'd love to live closer to a whole foods myself...i'm pretty sure the nearest one is 3 hours away :)

MickiRuns said...

LOVE that you run/workout with your parents!! i was thrilled that my parents were even walking a 5k!

the best of my weekend was getting the run over with.

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

Ugh, We were told we need FOUR new tires on my truck soon. An expense we really don't have the funds for. I HATE spending money on things like that also. Like you said though, a necessity. All part of being a grown-up :(

Your momma is so good to you!! Love the care package :-)